How to Submit a Story
For instructions on story submission, please click here; the page will open in a new window.
- You must be a member of the_alpha_gate Yahoo! group or the_alpha_gate-fic group to submit a story to this archive. Once you join, so that we can make the connection between your Yahoo! name and your Alpha Gate author name, you'll need to introduce yourself on the list or to the moderators off-list. Beyond that, you don't have to participate in the lists if you'd prefer not to.
- We accept only Stargate SG-1 fiction; we love Stargate Atlantis but this is an SG-1 only archive.
- We don't accept stories depicting Daniel's death in the episode "Meridian" unless the story 'fixes' those events and returns him to his team.
- We don't accept stories set in Season 6 unless it is set in one of the three episodes in which Daniel was present ("Abyss", "The Changeling", "Full Circle").
- We don't accept real-person fiction (that is, stories involving the actors). Such stories will be deleted upon discovery.
- We do not accept fiction that depicts relationships between adults and minors. Such stories will be deleted upon discovery.
- You must submit your stories to the proper category(s). Some categories, such as Slash and Het, force you to submit to the proper sub-categories, which appear once you click on the main category. You may submit your story to multiple categories, so DO NOT submit one story multiple times to different categories!
- Since titles and summaries will be visible to all readers, please keep them clean and suitable for any age.
- Correct grammar and spelling are expected of all stories submitted to this site. The site administrators are not grammar police, however, they reserve the right to request corrections in submissions with a multitude of grammar and/or spelling errors. If such a request is ignored, the story will be deleted.
- All stories must be rated correctly and have the appropriate warnings. You may add additional warnings not covered by the selection choices in the "Author's Notes" block.
- Stories with multiple chapters should be archived as such and not as separate stories. Upload the first chapter of your story, then go to Manage Stories in your account to add additional chapters.
- We do not accept "work-in-progress" stories. You may separate your story into chapters, but post all of the chapters in rapid succession.
- Groups of related stories may be grouped into 'Series' using your Add New Series and Manage Series pages. You will have control of which stories are in a series and in what order. You can even have Series that contain other Series. A Series may be a work-in-progress.
- As much as possible, spoiler warnings are expected for stories that spoil episodes yet to air in the US and UK. You may note the spoilers in the Summary or Author's Notes.
Submissions found to be in violation of these rules may be removed and the author's account suspended at the discretion of the site administrators and/or moderators. The site administrators reserve the right to modify these rules as needed.